Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Why Do I Always Feel Like I’m Cleaning BUT Not Making Any Progress?!

I promised myself that I would not use precious preschool time to clean the house. But I also recognize that when the cleaning fairy bestows her magic upon my body, I must seize the opportunity to clean. Otherwise, I’d truly live in dirt & constant clutter. Even now with 90 minutes of cleaning, it’s maintenance (and still clutter-galore).

What did I accomplish in 90 minutes?

  • Loaded the dishwasher of last night’s dinner dishes
  • Hand-washed a few dishes that didn’t fit in the dishwasher
  • Cleaned out the fridge
  • Took out trash & recycling
  • Made Hubby a smoothie & lunch
  • Put away groceries that didn’t make it into cupboards last night
  • Load of laundry
  • Made Lunch for myself

Now I’m enjoying my lunch with the hum of the dishwasher & washing machine and the radio blasting. (And a bit of Facebook.).

But a quick glance of the watch—it’s time to pick up the kiddo from school.
ALREADY?!

This afternoon in preparation for visitors, I will go through some boxes in the guest room/basement area shoved in the corner and forgotten from the summer. This is so not exciting. When do full-time working parents fit in house-cleaning? Live in dirt & clutter-galore? Or just hire a housekeeper? I like to think my house is in constant motion since we are home so often, which requires constant cleaning. (Or it could be I’m just a terrible, lazy housekeeper without an effective cleaning routine. Hmmm…..Maybe I could use some cleaning tips. Tips, anyone?)

And I’m off to pick up that precious child who makes my choice of staying at home worthwhile (right?!).

No comments:

Post a Comment