Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I Have Substandard Holiday Craft Skills, EVEN WITH a Pre-made Kit!

It seemed like a simple gingerbread tree kit, a great opportunity for the kiddo and me to have some holiday craft fun. Play with icing. Stick candies all over the tree. How hard could it be?

The evidence--Our project:





The kit cover:



My 1st oops -- disassembling the tree branches. Too much force, apparently. Result: Broken tree branches.

My 2nd oops – too large of a cut with the icing bags. Result: Icing EVERYWHERE!

The kiddo is trying to be patient while I assemble the tree. He is opening all the candy bags and sampling the decorations. Finally, the tree is together, haphazardly but ready for little boy fingers. But the icing proves too difficult to work with. It’s not super cement glue like he is accustomed to. It doesn’t hold the candy on contact.




And yet he smiles, obviously pleased.



He loses interest after 15 minutes (although I argue that 15 minutes not in front of the TV this holiday vacation, so perhaps worth it.)

Start to Finish for Mama: 50 minutes. Although clean-up lasted the longest of all. And I still have to wash my tablecloth!

No one said it had to be Martha Stewart-perfect. Just fun!

Ah, Spoiled Wifey is working hard creating the Christmas magic & memories….

Spoiled Wifey Note: Day 1 of 14 for holiday vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment