Sunday, May 5, 2013

“I don’t wanna!” she said with a stomp and a glare.



“I don’t wanna!” she said with a stomp and a glare. 

Actually, that’s me and not my toddler.  I have been having an epic temper tantrum for weeks now over moving back to Texas.  I do not want to move this year.  Or next year.  Or ever, really.

His orders tell me otherwise.  Yet I am resisting, which makes the moving process more difficult than usual.

How do you overcome the resistance, when once again your desires are not, cannot be really, taken into account?  How do you graciously pack up your closer-to-perfect life you have here to go back to a place you have been before and swore you’d never go back?

I no longer know how to be gracious about this move.  I cannot put on the happy face and say “We’ll make do.  It’s only 2 years.”  My well of enthusiasm and optimism that usually accompanies each move runs dry.

I am a Seasoned Spouse, too.  I know the routine.  So I am not sure why this move is the hardest to accept.  I can’t even follow my own positive attitude, upbeat advice that I have given over the years.

Now what?  What advice do you give a cranky, seasoned spouse that a return to base X can only be better than before?  And if it’s not, that she will graciously survive?!

No comments:

Post a Comment