Friday, October 15, 2010

Exciting Day: Ultrasound Reveals a Mini Me!

I might be one of the most spoiled women in the world. I’m getting exactly what I want! Ever since I’ve found out that I am pregnant, I am have been harboring a secret hope for having a girl. I tried not to think about the sex of the baby too much, because really what good would that do? I’ve just been trying to get through the not-so-fun aspects of pregnancy and this time around it has been a doozy! Today was a big day. Hubby & I went for the ultrasound and…..

It’s a GIRL!!!!!!!

OMG!

I am smiling from ear to ear right now!

She’s looking good for her gestational age. No red flags or concerns from the technician or doctor. 8 ounces of pure joy in my belly! We saw her adorable little feet. She kept putting her hands in front of her face. She made sure to wiggle her fingers. And she bounced all over the place. I still can’t feel a thing (an sporadic flutter or two in the past week but nothing consistent) so apparently she has lots of room at the moment. No doubt she is practicing her dance moves (if she is anything like her mama!).

I am so excited! Now only time will tell if she actually looks like me or if the hubby’s gene pool wins out.

My little man is so excited, too! He sang “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars to my belly this afternoon, which was too adorable. He will be a great big brother. Although he is voicing concern that mama will not have as much time for him. Hmmm….I have been preparing him for the transition, mainly the transition out of our bed which he migrates to almost every evening. I told him he won’t be able to do that once the baby comes. He was not pleased when told the baby will be sleeping next to me (in a co-sleeper next to the bed). He offered the baby his room. Ha!

Anyway, today has been a happy day, turning into a boring night. I decided to tackle the massive amount of paperwork that has been accumulating for the past year. The project is really massive as we need to establish a better filing system. The office is being moved to the basement to open the room up for the nursery. I tackled two piles which took an hour. *sigh* Just a little bit at a time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment